Personalize your Android homescreen by creating your own icon shortcuts for websites. Customize your website shortcuts with your own selected text and image.
The description of Website Shortcut
Personalize your Android homescreen by creating your own icon shortcuts for websites. Customize your website shortcuts with your own selected text and image. Furthermore, there are no advertisements and it’s free. I made it originally for myself, and decided to share. Giving a fair rating is very well appreciated!
Many applications have made the switch from native applications to a single mobile-friendly website. Although this is a positive development, it means that you can only open them conveniently via bookmarks. This requires two taps in the best case, while a shortcut on your homescreen requires only a single tap! It is especially convenient and time-saving for often visited websites.
From Android Oreo on (due to an API change, on which this app is built upon), the bottom right tiny icon of the app the shortcut belongs to is added automatically by the launcher.
* Automatically detect name and icon (via the website URL)
* Make use of “Share via…” in any other application (e.g. Chrome) to create shortcuts
* Icon selection via both path (local) and URL
* Supports linking local application URIs (e.g. whatsapp://send?text=Hello)
* Shortcut preview
* Automatic protocol prefix
* URL validation
* Broad support for image formats: *.png, *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.ico, *.gif, *.bmp
* No advertisements
* Dynamic adjustment of icon dimensions
* Works with icon packs